This is LandChad.net, a site dedicated to turning internet peasants into Internet Landlords by showing them how to setup websites, email servers, chat servers and everything in between.
Starting a website is something that can be done in a lazy afternoon and costs pocket change.
Most of the internet's problems could be solved if more people had their own personal platforms, so the objective of this site is to guide any normal person through the process of installing a website.
Basic Personal Website Setup
This is the basic "course." Follow these quick tutorials and you'll have a fully functioning basic web page on the domain name of your choice.
⏳ This "basic course" can take as little as an hour or even less.
- Get a domain name.
- Get a server.
- Set up DNS settings to connect your server and domain name.
- Set up your web server.
- Get a secure HTTPS connection with Certbot.
- Rsync: Upload and Sync Files and Websites
- How to Maintain a Server.
- Use your SSH keys to prevent hacking.
- Schedule tasks with Crontabs/Cronjobs.
- Server side scripting with CGI
- Mirror your site on Tor.
- Password-protecting Webpages (HTTP Authentication)
- Using ufw as a firewall.
- Create a Gemini Capsule.
- Standalone Certbot Certificates
"Build your own platform!"
- Host your own
- Private and Encrypted Chat with XMPP
- Pleroma, a federated Twitter-like Microblogging Site
- PeerTube, a federated YouTube-like video Site
- Setting up a Nextcloud Instance (file hosting and more)
- Setting up Gitea
- Creating your own chat server with IRC
- RSS Bridge: Create RSS Feeds for Mainstream Social Media
Accepting Cryptocurrency Tips
- The Case for Crypto for Normal People
- Accept Bitcoin (BTC) donations
- Accept Monero (XMR) donations for superior privacy
- OpenAlias to make crypto easy
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
In the Works...
These articles are still under construction. Subscribe to our RSS feed for updates.
Articles and Tutorials in Progress...
- Full HTML tutorial
- Full CSS tutorial
- Setting up an Email server
- RSS feeds
- Matrix (federated chat)
- SearX (search engine)
On the look out for...
There are other articles not currently under construction which we would like to add the LandChad.net. If you have experience with any of these, you may submit an article for review on the Github. Please include directions for Debian 10 as default. Abstain from using containerization (Docker, etc.). Attempt to follow the same settings as other articles here.
- Email webclients
- Simple static site generators
- Calibre (library server)
- XMPP ejabberd
- Movim for XMPP
No ads, trackers or trash on this site. We are funded by doing good and earning gratitude. Express your gratitude in the following ways:
- When setting up a website, use our linked affiliate links, like to Vultr.
- If you enjoy a guest article, the author's donation links may be included at the bottom of the page.
- Donate crypto to the long-term LandChad maintenance and expansion fund: