This is LandChad.net, a site dedicated to turning internet peasants into Internet Landlords by showing them how to setup websites, email servers, chat servers and everything in between.
Starting a website is something that can be done in a lazy afternoon and costs pocket change.
Most of the internet's problems could be solved if more people had their own personal platforms, so the objective of this site is to guide any normal person through the process of installing a website.
Basic Personal Website Setup
This is the basic "course." Follow these quick tutorials and you'll have a fully functioning basic web page on the domain name of your choice.
⏳ This "basic course" can take as little as an hour or even less.
- Get a domain name.
- Get a server.
- Set up DNS settings to connect your server and domain name.
- Set up your web server.
- Get a secure HTTPS connection with Certbot.
- Rsync: Upload and Sync Files and Websites
- How to Maintain a Server.
- Use your SSH keys to prevent hacking.
- Schedule tasks with Crontabs/Cronjobs.
- Server side scripting with CGI
- Password-protecting Webpages (HTTP Authentication)
- Using ufw as a firewall.
- Create a Gemini Capsule.
- Standalone Certbot Certificates
- Selfhosting on your own server at home
"Build your own platform!"
Host your own services, social media and more.
- Minimalist and federated chat server
- A federated Twitter-like microblogging site
- A federated YouTube-like video site
- Setting up a Nextcloud Instance (file hosting and more)
- Free and easy video conferencing
- Version control software on your own server
- A hyperfast web frontend for git repositories
- A fully-featured git and issue tracking site
- Installing and managing a classic internet relay chat server
- RSS Bridge
- Creating RSS feeds for social media sites
- An easy-to-use, free and federated chat and channel server.
- A library server
- Host your site on a private and peer-to-peer internet layer.
- Host your site on private onion-routing.
Accepting Cryptocurrency Tips
- Why crypto?
- The case for crypto for normal people
- Accept Bitcoin (BTC) donations
- Accept Monero (XMR) donations for superior privacy
- OpenAlias to make crypto easy
- Receive donations via the Brave browser
In the Works...
These articles are still under construction. Subscribe to our RSS feed for updates.
Articles and Tutorials in Progress...
- Full HTML tutorial
- Full CSS tutorial
- RSS feeds
- SearX (search engine)
On the look out for...
There are other articles not currently under construction which we would like to add the LandChad.net. If you have experience with any of these, you may submit an article for review on the Github. Please include directions for Debian 11 as default. Abstain from using containerization (Docker, etc.). Attempt to follow the same settings as other articles here.
- BTCPay (Docker install permitted only in this case.)
- Email webclients
- Simple static site generators
- XMPP ejabberd
- Movim for XMPP
Help advertize this site by adding this banner with a link on your website:
No ads, trackers or trash on this site. We are funded by doing good and earning gratitude. Express your gratitude in the following ways: