This is LandChad.net, a site dedicated to turning internet peasants into Internet Landlords by showing them how to setup websites, email servers, chat servers and everything in between.
Starting a website is something that can be done in a lazy afternoon and costs pocket change.
Most of the internet’s problems could be solved if more people had their own personal platforms, so the objective of this site is to guide any normal person through the process of installing a website.
Start a website
This is the basic “course.” Follow these quick tutorials and you’ll have a fully functioning basic web page on the domain name of your choice.
⏳ This “basic course” can take as little as an hour or even less.
“Build your own platform!”
- CalibreA public or private digital library.
- CgitA hyperfast web frontend for git repositories.
- CoturnA STUN and TURN server that allows users to perform WebRTC calls while being behind NATs.
- DnsmasqHost your own DNS server to block ads and social media.
- ejabberdA chat server based on XMPP.
- FosspayA self-hosted payment and donation gateway interfaced with Stripe.
- Git ServerHosting your own basic git server.
- GiteaA fully-featured Github-like git website for serious software projects and communities.
- i2pA private and uncensorable web-layer similar to Tor.
- IRCSelf-hosting the Internet's classic chat protocol.
- JitsiVideo-chat software.
- Matrix SynapseAn encrypted chat server sleek and accessible even to normies.
- MoneroThe ideal private cryptocurrency for the Internet.
- NextcloudA free and private Google Drive-like cloud storage system.
- PeerTubeYour own self-hosted video-site also compatible with Activity Pub.
- PleromaA federated Twitter-like microblogging system.
- ProsodyA minimalist XMPP chat server.
- RadicaleA private calendar, contact and to-do list system.
- RainloopA graphical website for accessing a mail server.
- RSS BridgeCreates RSS feeds for normie sites like Facebook.
- SearXNGPolls dozens of search engines to give you private and complete search results.
- TorSet your site up privately on the 'dark web.'
- WireguardFast, Modern, Secure VPN Tunnel
- YarrA self-hosted, web-based feed aggregator
Host your own services, social media and more.
Setup an Email Server
This is the email “course”. Follow these modules to learn how to setup an email server headache free.
⏳ This entire “email course” may take about an hour. The approval for opening email ports with your VPS should take no less than a day.
Maintaining a Server
Tips and articles on mastering your server and learning about GNU/Linux systems administration.
- Certbot on Standalone Domains and Subdomains
- GeminiA minimalist alternative to HTTP with a modern twist.
- Log on with SSH Keys
- Maintaining a Server
- Page Quality
- Requiring Passwords for Webpages (HTTP Authentication)
- Rsync: Upload and Sync Files and Websites
- Self hosting
- Server-Side Scripting with CGI
- SSH - Advanced Usage
- Using UFW as a Firewall